Tuesday, January 18, 2011

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: THE BLACK CAT

Ever since Disney bought Marvel, I thought it would be cool for the animation dept. to do a Marvel project.

After working on the 'Time Jumper' project, I took a real liking to drawing in what I call "comic book style" and gained a new appreciation for graphic novel illustration.

Despite the studio's current interest, I was looking for a female character protagonist to center a story around and pitch. One that had..."appeal". My friend Javie suggested "The Black Cat".

I did some research and put this is a collage of images together that I found from various websites to use as reference:



Here are my rough drawings:







I don't have plans to pitch this but if they end up doing something like it, I'm ready!

3 comments:

FoolishCop said...

That's the one thing about comic book chicks -- they're the hottest girls around. Nice work!

That was always my goal, to work for Disney in their animation department. Then I realized I didn't have any talent.

Cheers,
Rich

Scrappin Cheryl said...

Love these! Hope they pick them up!

Beware Of Shadows said...

If you do get to pitch it make sure to tell them Spider-Man Will make many cameo's!